Today was one of those special, happy days spent with friends. I went to a baby shower for Melia, who is in our ward, at a very nice restaurant. Melia actually kind of lived at our house for a few months a few years ago and when she joined the church, Charlie baptized her. I remember how excited he was to do that. I don't get to spend much time with friends anymore, so today was so wonderful. All of these women are dear to me and have helped me in many ways throughout this past year. They have called me, visited me, fed me and shared their love for me in so many ways. Leann, Tina, Melissa & Barbara are all amazing women and I'm so glad to have them as friends. It was SO much fun just to sit and talk and spend time with them today - for that short time I was back in the world I love so much. It was fun being there with Lorien & Hannah - thanks for taking our picture, wish you could have been in it too!
I should also mention that the food was wonderful - can I say full!!!!
After that, Lorien, Hannah & I went to the MacMichaels for Reilly's birthday party. We really didn't get there till the party was over, but it was fun to see him playing with so many friends. He is such a happy boy. It felt nice to be sitting around the kitchen table - really brought back some happy memories. More special friends that I'm glad to have. Founding members of the "West Creek Branch" together again!
4 comments:
Very cute and I'm glad the picture came out ok. It was a busy but fun day. Glad we could do it together!
Thanks for posting a picture. It is fun to see my friends who I haven't seen in so long either. Talk about bringing back memories. I spoke at Melia's baptism.
Thanks for coming for Reilly's party. I'm sorry I wasn't up to a visit. It was a bit much for me that day with all that was going on. And thank you so much for the Brusters ice cream. It didn't last long!! I haven't had that in awhile. It was a real treat.
Wow - I had completely forgotten that you spoke at Melia's baptism! Now that you mentioned it, I remember that she used to go over to your house too. It seems so long ago...
I knew we probably wouldn't see you at the party - I was just glad we were able to be there.
I'm glad you still like Chocolate Raspberry Truffle - you were the one who introduced me to Brusters - yum!
Shhh. I told Dave the food was awful -- dried out crusty PB&J's. ;) It was yummy wasn't it? I'm glad we were able to be there.
Post a Comment